Best In Nurse Blogs
In this week of Thanksgiving, take the time to re-connect with your family and friends. And give thanks for all the wonderful opportunities available to us every day, compared to many in the world! And thank you so much for reading!
Thanks for employee benefits:
- First, if you haven’t seen Julie, RN, our staff writers latest work-check out her post on your employee benefits decisions.
Thanks for Paid Sick Days!
- Toronto Emerg writes about sick time and nurses. Have to agree with her sentiment. As an employer there is always this push pull about having employees out. Especially in a small facility, where back-up is limited. But infectious disease issues are certainly real! Read it and let’s hear your comments!
- While we are on the subject, check out Sean’s cartoon on sick days, at My Strong Medicine.
Thanks for medical advances:
- AJN supports Anti-antibiotics week-worth a read!
Thanks for peer review:
- Rehab RN was joyful at the positive accreditation inspection. Our facility just went through the full joyous inspection, but got glowing review! Congrats to them! Pat on the back and all that-(they would rather have pizza!)
Thanks for laughter:
- ER Nurse Joy, has this short story on “Divorced Barbie”. Worth a read and a chuckle…
- Warning against excessive valsalva at ER Stories-yuck!
Thanks for those who protect and serve:
- At Your Cervix writes about hospital security and crime!
Give thanks for being here:
- R (etired) N has a haunting post about a favorite OB Doc! Read it and be prepared to change a habit….
Thanks for families
Thanks for good health:
- Keith at Digital Doorway writes about the dangers of caffeine and alcohol. Certainly a timely topic!
- Man Nurse Diary writes about the benefits of working out with weights! Hear hear!
- Emergiblog is hosting Grand Rounds! A great list of medical topics!
- Link to an Insights in Nursing podcast featuring Kim at Emergiblog, and Lorry at Correctional Nursing discussing several nursing topics, see what you think.
Thanks for Mentors:
- Infusion Nurse has a question/survey-bevel up or bevel down? Up has always worked for me..
Thanks for freedom of expression:
- Not Nurse Ratched Rants about Facebook and privacy issues.... Here is a link to all her personal information….(Just kidding:)
- JParadisiRN observes….
Thanks again to all of you who read this, and to my staff- at my office and at The Millionaire Nurse- and to all those who dedicate their lives to helping others,