Buying After Christmas
I know, if you are like me, it’s hard to think about purchases after Christmas, when you haven’t even started your Christmas shopping yet…. I am a Christmas eve shopping kinda guy. Always have been!
But, if there are things you need for next year, make another list: Your “buy after Christmas” list. Just make sure you label your purchases or keep up with them in some way.
I have made that mistake- finding last years bargain Christmas lights, after I bought new ones cause I didn’t find them in time…
What are the usual and unusual things that should be bought, AFTER Christmas?
Usual After Christmas Bargains:
- Anything that has to do with Christmas: wrapping paper, lights, Christmas cards, and decorations galore, at bargain prices.
- Winter clothing-spring/summer supplies are on order-got to make room.
- Hunting supplies-hunting season ends about the same time as the holidays.
- Electronics: got to get rid of last years models.
- Toys: Those fought over models will be in great supply the week or two after Christmas.
Unusual Post-Christmas Buys!
A few things that you may not normally think about buying after the holidays, but maybe should:
- Alcoholic beverages: Champagne, and liquor all come in holiday gift boxes now-they will be on sale.
- Candles-Even the non-red and green varieties are frequently bargains-make sure you can live with the scent if they have one-you don’t want to get tired of cinnamon or other holiday smells.
- Grills-The new models will be coming in, (I know it may be hard to think about a grill with a couple of feet of snow on the ground, but you can probably get a great bargain.) Just don’t freeze to death putting it together.
- Vacations: get a jump on your summer vacation plans. But remember, plan the amount you are going to spend, and don’t forget to set aside daily spending money when you budget your vacation. Begin to save now!
What about you? Have you found any unusual after Christmas bargains you want to share with our readers?